martedì 14 febbraio 2023

Haiku / Senryu by Paul David Mena

All rights of the texts presented here remain with the author.

 restless waves
a dog buried
between cacti


debt ceiling
the games people play
in ivory towers


world travelers
unable to find
common ground


O cursed spite!
the duty
to carry on


social insecurity
retirement daydreams
in the wind


rolling on his back
for a tummy rub
descendant of wolves


class reunion
my anonymity
intact


counting down to midnight
I've already forgotten
old acquaintances


food fight
politicians
versus empty stomachs


on the playground
a pack
of feral dogs


Groundhog Day
yes I've heard
this story before


unemployed haiku poet
applying
for seasonal work


pacing myself
I pass out
on the couch


fireworks
old men praising
their own pasts


losing my train of thought
I miss my stop


closing my eyes
the muffled cries
of a little dog


haiku at 60
how many years have I worn
this broken wristwatch?


nowhere to go
I find my missing
car keys


Game of Thrones --
an empty roll
of toilet paper


moments before the alarm
my deepest sleep


lightness of being --
I clear out
my spam folder


recycling
the childhood memories
I tried to repress

haikua

Paul David Mena has been writing haiku and senryu for nearly 30 years. He is the author of various chapbooks and has had his poetry published in numerous journals over the years. He lives on Cape Cod in Massachusetts with his wife and dog and works as a Software Engineer at a prominent marine research facility.  

***

 If you like “Leisure Spot” and its free contents, make a small donation via PayPal or Ko-fi to support the blog.

 


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento